Páginas

sábado, 5 de mayo de 2012

New experiencies




MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF ACCRA CITY. . .

              When I land at the airport of Accra and go out I first saw what I was expecting to see. A capital city, a lot of movement, a place full of life. But then I looked more carefully, there were plenty of different details. There were a lot of people wearing strange clothes, women and men   caring basket in their heads and a lot of children caring babies in their backs.


          


  Somebody came to keep me, he introduced himself, his name was Andrew, he was from England, and he was also a volunteer. He seemed to be a very nice person. He explains to me that I was going to live in a center called “The Accra school, and that it were two other volunteers that I was going to meet.

          


  When we arrived at the school I couldn’t believe my eyes. There were so many children, all of them running here and there. Andrew showed me the school, it is very small for those children, and it is so neglected that at that moment it broke my heart. Andrew showed me my room, the kitchen and the library (where I am now). Then, I met Julie and Chris, the other volunteers who seem very nice too.

This last three days I have been adapting myself here. My work consists in create fun activities for the children to get involved and learn something about science or mathematics.  The classes are not very crowded and I have grown up children of 10-12 years old. They are amazing so I really have fun with them.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario